Outdoor weddings are beautifully romantic. There’s something magical about saying your vows amidst the backdrop of nature. In Texas, outdoor weddings can also present an obvious challenge, that is, the weather. So how can you curate your jaw-dropping, outdoor wedding while preparing for the unexpected? Here’s some tips to keep in mind:
- When choosing an outdoor wedding venue, ask the venue about their backup plan in the case rain is imminent.
- Inclement weather can disappear as quickly as it comes. It’s a great disappointment if you decide to have an indoor ceremony due to rain, only to have the skies clear up an hour before the ceremony, but by then, you’re locked into an indoor ceremony. Ask the venue what is the deadline for deciding on indoor or outdoor ceremony location. Venues like The Forge Venue offer flexibility of choosing your ceremony site up to 2 hours before the start of the wedding.
- Tents are a great option to protect guests from light rain in an outdoor wedding ceremony. Ask the venue if a tent can be pitched in the case of inclement weather.
- Wedding décor is always a consideration for brides. The benefit of an outdoor wedding is that nature becomes the décor, thus requiring less decor needed to be purchased by the bride.
- Consider the food you’re planning to serve. Ask the caterer if they have special needs in preparing an outdoor wedding menu. Consider hot and cold weather effects on the menu items.
If you dream of an outdoor wedding but get overwhelmed by the details of planning one, express this to your venue of choice and ask if they offer assistance in helping you navigate the details. Some wedding venues, like The Forge Venue are helpful in curating your dream outdoor wedding. Give them a call at 916-591-2105.